Play and Learn Science
With Play and Learn Science, kids have science and problem-solving games at their fingertips anywhere they go! Play science games, control the weather, roll and slide objects down a ramp, and choose the best materials for an umbrella – all while building science inquiry skills and learning core science concepts.
Science games for kids encourage children to see science in their everyday life. These educational games serve as catalysts for real-world exploration by drawing from real-world locations and experiences that children recognize.
Our family games encourage co-learning with hands-on activities and parent notes! Early learning activities encourage families to “try it” at home and provide tips for conversations, taking the lessons beyond the app.
PLAY AND LEARN SCIENCE FEATURES
SCIENCE FOR KIDS - 15 Educational games covering core scientific topics:
• Earth Science
• Physical Science
• Environmental Science
• Life Science
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
• Problem solving games kids will enjoy and learn from
• Educational games with drawing tools and stickers
• Learn science while having fun
• Kids education with family activities encourage co-learning through tips for parent-child engagement
• Early learning activities that take education into the community
• Science games for children under 5, developed in collaboration with early childhood experts
BILINGUAL EDUCATIONAL GAMES
• Spanish language options to keep children engaged in their native tongue
• Learning Spanish? The bilingual setting is perfect for your kids to learn and practice.
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Play and Learn Science app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Play and Learn Science app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement #U295A150003, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.