Cute Wallpapers ? Kawaii
It's time to update your phone screen wallpaper to something new and cute!
Already tired of awful and identical backgrounds that you can find everywhere on the internet? Well, we understand you, and we have a solution! This app was created especially for someone who wants to add some cuteness and kawaii in its life.
1. Almost 500 Kawaii Wallpapers in HD quality for all ages and genders: young, old, kids, grownups, boys, girls
2. Wide field of themes, choose between dozens of different categories. Maybe you want something pink on your screen? Or maybe you like wallpapers with unicorns or cats? Or you just want a cute face on your phone? Hmm, how about abstract wallpapers? It's all here and all touched by kawaii!
3. Categories. Choose between cute faces, kawaii animals like cats or unicorns, minimalistic, pink, or install a pattern wallpapers!
4. Found awesome background? Want to show it to your friend? Not a problem, just click "share'' button and choose your favorite chat app or messenger or anything you want to use!
5. Like wallpaper and want to save it to the phone? Just click "save" button, and image will be saved to the gallery.
6. Support for modern phones. We checked stability of work on plenty of brands, so you may not worry about lags and bugs.
7. Most important thing - everything works offline! You don't have to be connected to the internet all the time. We understand that bandwidth in your country may be expensive, so we solved this problem and all cute wallpapers are stored in app memory.
All images are downloaded from open sources, if you an author and want to delete your image, please, contact us by email, we'll be happy to help.
What is "kawaii"?
The word kawaii originally derives from the phrase 顔映し kao hayushi, which literally means "(one's) face (is) aglow," commonly used to refer to flushing or blushing of the face. The second morpheme is cognate with -bayu in mabayui (眩い, 目映い, or 目映ゆい) "dazzling, glaring, blinding, too bright; dazzlingly beautiful" (ma- is from 目 me "eye") and -hayu in omohayui (面映い or 面映ゆい) "embarrassed/embarrassing, awkward, feeling self-conscious/making one feel self-conscious" (omo- is from 面 omo, an archaic word for "face, looks, features; surface; image, semblance, vestige"). Over time, the meaning changed into the modern meaning of "cute", and the pronunciation changed to かわゆい kawayui and then to the modern かわいい kawaii. It is most commonly written in hiragana, かわいい, but the ateji, 可愛い, has also been appended. The kanji in the ateji literally translates to "able to be loved, can/may love, lovable."